17 December 2010

25 Ways to Give – December 17th

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

The vast growth of the use of phones for everything is amazing to me. My phone will take pictures, browse the internet, has a full Microsoft Office® suite, a GPS, an MP3 player, and many other features. I received 43 text messages and 17 emails on my phone just yesterday.

With all of this there is a function that I use mostly for essential communication that I can use to give to others. I rarely use my phone for phone calls that are not family, personal, or professional business. Instead, why not make some calls to people that I have lost touch with just to reconnect with them? I made a list of people and will reach out to them over the next two weeks at moments when I have time just to talk.

I have no illusion that people are living lives that feel a void with my absence, but I can be assured that a call from a friend may uplift them. It is a simple thing and we all have the tools to do so. Give someone a call and share yourself with them.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment