18 January 2011

All Season Fruit Part 2

Greetings Dear Reader

“Gal 5:22-26 “But the spiritual nature produces love…”

The connection cannot be simpler. If I follow my spiritual nature then the product will be love. This is pure love. The word used in the Greek is agape or that which is the divine unconditional love. My Christ centered nature, when it is active produces unconditional love. When I do this, the impact on others is obvious.

I get to choose if I am going to produce love. I am allowed to choose if I will respond with my Christ centered nature or my fallen nature. My fallen nature can only produce selfishness, greed, and all their malignant cousins. My spiritual nature, however, can produce things in others that are beautiful and eternal. I only need to let that nature have prominence in my choices, responses, and actions.

Unconditional love is one of the things produced by that which Christ is doing to redeem me. I can only evidence that produce by living out that redemption in all my encounters. Everyone deserves to be loved in this way. To fail to do so is to hinder the growth of my spiritual nature; to blight the fruit of love that is to grow within me.

Every time I act out this love I cultivate it and mature its growth. I must always act out of the love that Christ wishes to produce in me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment