22 January 2011

All Season Fruit Part 4

Greetings Dear Reader,

It is a little ironic actually. On the morning I am to write about peace, I woke up two hours early worried about something. I was able to quickly refocus on the truth of the situation that plagued me, but I was awake none the less.

If I am following Christ, then peace will be a natural product of my spirit in two ways. The first, inner peace and lack of worry over things that are unfolding in my life should be a natural outflow of my relationship to Christ’s principles. I am not supposed to worry. Since I cannot control and should not wish to control others, worrying over things can do nothing but harm me. The natural thing for fallen natures is to worry. The natural thing for those trusting Christ and following him is to be at peace about the way in which things are unfolding.

The other way in which peace should flow from my spiritual nature is in my relationship with others. I am, if I wish to follow Christ, to be at peace with all men. This also proceeds from love. If I am to love my enemies then I in fact will claim no enemy but rather love everyone. I cannot claim to love God if I do not pour out that same love to his entire creation. It does not harm me when others disagree with me or even dislike me. I must be at peace with them and our differences. Whether it is small bickering or all out war, it has no place in my following Christ. I am ashamed that so many have killed in the name of Christ. I am also ashamed of the times I have heatedly argued over some theological point. Neither is producing peace from a Christ centered spirit.

Even as I write this I see all the places where I must prune my tree in order to produce this fruit. It is neither easy nor have I mastered it. I have to lay aside more of my own views and opinions for the greater good if I am going to continue on the path. As much as is in me I must strive to live peaceably with all men.

Wishing you joy and peace in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment