27 January 2011

All Season Fruit Part 6

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I ponder the natural outgrowth of the spirit in me, today I dwell on kindness. I often wonder if the growing absence of kindness in our culture is some form of measure of the absence of the spirit in us.

Kindness is such a powerful force. It pushes through anger and hurt. It allows love to get a foothold in the hearts of others. Simple acts of kindness can make a real difference in the lives of others.

If I focus on being kind I can avoid allowing my pride to make me angry over petty things. Yesterday someone said things negative about me to gain favor with another person. I have a choice about how to deal with this. I must thread the needle of being kind and also addressing the behaviour. I must use kindness to exemplify the other outgrowth of the spirit that are a result of working toward being more like Christ.

I must exercise patience and love in dealing with everything that is an offence or slight. It seems kindness is both the cure and the result of these things. If I focus on being kind, I find that I am naturally desirous of being kind. Kindness yield kindness.

Wishing you joy and peace in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every scribe who has become a disciple of the kingdom of heaven is like a home owner. He brings new and old things out of his treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment