24 May 2015

Love Your Enemies – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I turn the corner on this topic to move further down the path it is not lost on me that tomorrow is Memorial Day.  I will address that later but I do not want to miss the connection that anticipating this day is part of the impetus for this writing. 

I have said on many occasions that killing someone is not how one shows love.  I have also considered that doing violence to anyone is not an act of love.  Paul warns us to do all we can to be at peace with all men.

The long and short of it is that I am not supposed be collecting enemies.  I am not allowed to hate anyone.  I am supposed to love everyone.  No matter what life sends my way I am to respond in love.  That can be easy to say and hard to live but it is still the right way to do things.

No matter what comes at me I am to respond in love.  This is the obligation of all Christ followers.  I think the world would look much different if we did.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment