29 May 2015

On Change – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

When change barges in without so much as a: “by your leave”.   We choose how we will deal with it.  We choose how we will believe.  We choose how we will treat others in the midst of change.

When the gritty sands born on the winds of change chafe the soul it is vital that I embrace my faith and following.  I may howl in protest and pain but I am still required to be an example.  I am still obligated to do what is right no matter the personal cost. 

If my faith is real then I must weather any wounds of change from red raw to scab to scar.  I must be good to others no matter where I am in the process.  I must listen to the good counsel of others.  If my let go of my wants and desires and follow. 

When change invades unwelcome, it can refine me into a better man.  I must always want that.  I must not harm anyone trying to control that which is out of my control.  I must have faith that things will unfold toward Christ if I do not interfere. 

What I possess, have, and enjoy is all a gift from God.  As Job said, “Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return to God. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”  Anything beyond that is a blessing. 

The Things We Leave Behind – Michael Card

There sits Simon,
so foolishly wise
proudly he's tending his nets
Then Jesus calls,
and the boats drift away
all that he owns he forgets

More than the nets
he abandoned that day,
he found that his pride was soon drifting away
It's hard to imagine the freedom we find
from the things we leave behind

Matthew was mindful
of taking the tax,
pressing the people to pay
Hearing the call,
he responded in faith
followed the Light and the Way

Leaving the people
so puzzled he found,
the greed in his heart
was no longer around and
it's hard to imagine
the freedom we find
from the things
we leave behind

Every heart needs to be set free,
from possessions
that hold it so tight
'Cause freedom's not found in the things that we own,
It's the power
to do what is right
Jesus, our only possession,
giving becomes our delight
We can't imagine the freedom we find
from the things we leave behind

We show a love for the world in our lives
by worshipping goods we possess
Jesus has laid all our treasures aside
"love God above all the rest"

'Cause when we say 'no'
to the things of the world
we open our hearts
to the love of the Lord and
its hard to imagine
the freedom we find
from the things we leave behind

Oh, and it's hard to imagine
the freedom we find
from the things
we leave behind

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment