26 May 2015

On Change – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Heraclitus is the earliest confirmation of the quote, “the only constant is change.”  Life changes.  He is also quoted by Plato as having told us that one cannot step into the same stream twice.

And so change like some chaotic vagabond visits us at will without so much as a by your leave.   It comes in many forms and guises challenging our belief that we have control over anything.   This universal constant test and tries us.  It brings sorrow and joy. 

Change comes and we respond.  It is what we do when change is visited upon us that shows who we are.  It is the name of the crucible in which we burn.  It is the fire and fuel.  All that we is subject to change.

How we respond reveals the most about us.  Who we are in the crucible instructs others.  It reveals the depth of our faith and the commitment of our following.  As we walk the path of the journey back to God we encounter change when we seek it and when we wish it to not seek us.

As change unfolds we respond and react.  If we do not focus on our faith and following we do both poorly.  So as I am cast into the crucible against my will I must assure that I am refined, reduced, and re-forged into a better man.

Walk with me if you wish whilst I examine this fire and prepare my heart to do what is right no matter what the cost. Only in that resolve can I assure that who I am meant to be is more revealed.  Only in that can I assure that the lesser portions of my being are caged if not destroyed.  If you are able to do so Dear Reader, please also pray for me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment