30 May 2015

What are We Made For – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Whether you believe what I believe or not Dear Reader there is merit to some of the more positive things that God has to say about us.  Some of the things God says about us are mind boggling.

God tells us, "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose. I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

David writes, “You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother.  I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this.  My bones were not hidden from you when I was being made in secret, when I was being skillfully woven in an underground workshop.  Your eyes saw me when I was only a fetus. Every day [of my life] was recorded in your book before one of them had taken place.  How precious are your thoughts concerning me, O God! How vast in number they are!”  Psalm 139:13-17.

Job, in the midst of his suffering declares, "God's Spirit has made me. The breath of the Almighty gives me life.”

This is just the edge of the whole.  We are made.  We are made FOR something.  Every one of us has a purpose.  There is not magical formula for discovering it.   There is no secret spell that will reveal is.  It is all at once over-simplified and infinitely complex. 

When I speak of purpose I am not here pondering careers.  The question is much larger.  Why did God make me?  What my purpose?  On that question hangs so much that is so vital.  Walk with me if you will.  I could use the company as I try to rediscover and renew purpose.  I know what the answers are.  I need help in applying them well.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment