01 May 2015

Second Thoughts – Avengers – Age of Ultron - NO SPOILERS

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Yester-eve my Son, Bezel, my Daughter, Christmas, and I journeyed to the new state-of-the-science theatre in our town to see the new Avengers movie.  Both the grand opening of the theatre and the premiere of the movie have been long anticipated by us  for months.

Let me say clearly that neither disappointed.   The theatre is reserved seating with reclining seats.  Even the smallest screen is huge and both sound and image are fully satisfying.   The Movie, however…

The new Marvel sendup would have been great even at an old drive in with tinny metal speakers.  Joss Whedon has delivered better than expected but in par with his reputation.  Every moment held the attention.  Every scene was crafted to move the story along without boring setup before delivery.

Character development, back story, and sidebars were accomplished without slowing the action or main story.   Even Stan Lee had his best cameo to date.   You do not need to know anything about the Marvel universe to enjoy the film.  Marvel diehards will not be disappointed at all the tiny Easter eggs and preludes.  

The characters remained true to who we see them as in the comics.  Paul Bettnay was amazing.  James Spader created a better character with his voice than most actors can with their entire being.  Even the secondary castings were obviously chosen with care and precision.

Other than Star Trek films I rarely pay theatre prices twice to see a film.  I will be for this one.  As my Son said, we have waited a long time to see some of this brought to film with so much quality and success.  It was simply MARVELous

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment