12 September 2012

How to Follow Christ – Conversation -Vertical


Greetings Dear Reader,

I do not wish to be coy here.  I am talking about prayer but that word seems to communicate so little concerning the conversation we have with God.  God wishes a relationship with us.  He values knowing us and wants us to know him.  In light of this we are supposed to be in conversation with God. 

I cannot tell anyone else what to do in this area.  I can say that what works for me is treating God as if he is ever present.  When something thrills me I inwardly and sometimes outwardly share my feelings with God.  This can be anything from a great sunset to a creative idea to remembering something important. 

Since I believe that following Christ is about adopting and following his view of the Father it is necessary to keep the Father in focus.  I know how much I yearn for my children to reach out and talk to me about ANYTHING.  They do this and it makes my day.  I think that this is the same feeling that God has toward us.

So much of what we do is dependent upon God and yet I know that I forget to include him in the conversation at times.  There is time to pray in the formal sense but successfully following Christ must become a constant attitude of conversation including the Father in my thoughts and ponderings.  I know that whether my children are telling me about the kind of dog they wish to get or the new band they have discovered it means something to me.  How can I not give God the Father the same consideration I desire?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment