05 September 2012

Why I Believe – A Pause to Respond to Comments 5


Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes things are profound in their simplicity.  The comment I received from one reader on the item concerning love as a reason I believe had this impact on me.  Patrick wrote “Love tempered with wisdom is surely the birthplace of all pure things. Removing the specter of "if" from the concept ‘I love you.’ can only create beauty in the world.”

I find the comment so vital to living out what one believes.  It is vital that we remove conditions from our love for others if what we believe is to matter at all.  In his Blog, God’s Own Fool he has also written, “Follow Jesus now, not in hope of things to come, but for the sake of everyone around you. IF we Christians would actually try to follow Jesus, if all of us would, Heaven wouldn't really need to come to us.”

I think this is why our love is to be our benchmark.  This also flies in the face of much practical wisdom.  When we choose that love is going to be our prime mover we will seem mad to some people.  I think that as Patrick has noted we will also become bearers of something that is barrier crushing.  We cannot let the failings of others or the foolishness of misguided zealots deter us from this.

If our love is not our prime mover the other aspects of following Christ will become skewed and we will harm others and the name of God.  This is why we must be known for our love.

I will depart from talking about why I believe and begin to discuss how to follow Christ.  This is not going to be a to-do list but rather a review that addresses a very important issue.  No matter how much I believe it cannot be validated by others unless I do things that are truly following Christ.  Since this issue is easily skewed I will examine what I think to hone my ability to live it.  Come with me if you wish.  Perhaps you can aide me in following more closely.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment