16 September 2012

How to Follow Christ – Reading


Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was posting about why I believe I mentioned reading the Bible.  I will not belabor this too much but this is vital to my following Christ.  There is much to be gained from reading the Bible.  Even if you do not believe it gives you an idea of what Christ followers are supposed to be like over what some claim they are to be like.

For me I can measure my ability to follow against my immersion in the teachings of Christ.  If I try to follow Christ it is important that I know what he said.  It is also important that I understand this in context of what was his “bible”; the Old Testament.  I must consider the history and culture that influenced his teaching. 

I will not hammer on this but for me it is key to success in the journey.  If you have not tried it you may wish to do so.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment