28 September 2012

Why They Cannot Hear Us – I Was Sick

Greetings Dear Reader,

I was sick, and you took care of me.

Perhaps the clearest impact of this for me was when my Sons were small.  The chickenpox had visited our home and my Son Maxim had a bad case.  He had them in his throat and on the bottoms of his feet. 

On the day when they were the worst he just lay on the couch uncomfortable and unhappy.  He was barely interested in playing video games and that was a sure sign of how sick he was.  I sat on the floor by the couch changing the cool damp cloths I was using to cool his brow and fend off the itching on his feet.  I sat there for hours.  I did not even notice because it was my Son.

On the opposite side of that coin my younger Son recently had an injury that landed him in the hospital.  I was caught up in the busyness of my business and made the error of believing him when he said I did not need to come to the hospital.  I wronged him in this.  I should have made the time to go even if it were just a splinter.

If I have any hope to follow Christ those who are ill or injured deserve my attention and care.  It is so common in our culture to withdraw when someone is ill.  Instead we must move forward in love and compassion.  We are to care for the sick.  It is not just the medical system they need. Those who are ill need help, care, and provision.  How can we hope for them to see Christ if we will not see them?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment