28 August 2018

All Those Who Wander ~ Tethers to Untie


Greetings Dear Reader,

When we begin to wander purposefully there are so many things one must leave behind.  The words of Tolkien echo to me not because I think of myself as a hero who is an unknown king.  I do identify with the man who could travel to places and do good for others and then move along the journey. 

I have learned that in the beginning I am very beneficial for others.  The difficulty becomes that instead of moving on when I have done my part I seek to keep them close to ease my fear of them not being OK.  When I cross that barrier, I stop letting God control the situation.  I am responsible to do my part not write the ending for their story.

Therefore, as I go back to the road I must untie some tethers.  Some will require that I do so now.  Others will require that I seek out friends long silent.  It is a need to untie tethers to failure that are my own.  It is the desire to settle accounts with hearts that matter to me. 

Perhaps it will be painful but, in the end, seeking reconciliation always leads to peace.  If I can give others peace then I can better travel as I need to on the journey home.  I will not leave behind or untether my love for others.  I will, however, admit that for some I have tarried too long. 

I am meant to be a wanderer.  I am designed to be a door warden not the man in the castle.  As I put on my old wings it becomes too real that I can achieve more good wandering than in any other way.  I will still be here Dear Reader, available for consultation. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment