06 August 2018

Fun with Flags ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

If you have not seen The Big Bang Theory then you will not get the reference above.  Here is the first installment from the show within the show, Fun With Flags.  It is funny and also informative.  It also triggers some sardonic thoughts in my mind.

We wave our flags for the things we support.  Whether political, social, or spiritual we look for those who rally around that flag we wave.  We wave it to proclaim our loyalty and draw in those who are loyal to our causes as well. 

I ponder the good of flags.  I dwell on where the lines of loyalty should be and what is included or excluded by that loyalty.  I consider what flags I wave and what they communicate.   Some flags are a part of my heritage and others I have adopted on my own.

It is vital that I know what the reasons are for every flag I support, salute, or wave.  Some flags I cannot support.  Some are soiled but I still support the ideal in which they were conceived.  The idea of flags is a good one but I must consider the ones I value and why. 

As I raise each one to consider it I ask for your company Dear Reader.  I request that you share your thoughts and questions with me along the way.   This part of the journey is serious but not somber.  Let us have some fun with flags.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment