26 August 2018

What is a Christian? ~ Closing


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I said yesterday, we are all flawed.   We are all imperfect.  Those who choose to follow Christ are supposed to be daily working at combating those flaws.  We are supposed to also be seeking grace and love for all those around us.  The flaws in others are the opportunity to evidence that grace.

This does not mean that there should not be a balance between righteousness, justice, and holiness.  It does mean that we must lower our expectations when dealing with those who do not follow Christ or are currently rejecting his authority in life.  We should never expect those not following Christ to act like him.  We should expect that those who are not following well will do wrong. 

It is a narrow path.  I know that I miss steps and falter at times.  The most difficult part is that when I fail it hurts others.  I am determined to become better at shorting time I indulge my failures.  I am going to find ways to follow more closely. 

What is Christian is, is a broken flawed human who has chosen to follow Christ in hopes of being more loving and kind.  The follower journeys with Christ to lean and replicate grace, mercy, joy, patience, humility, and balance.  I feel like have journeyed so very far but also that I have so far to go.  Thank your company Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

No comments:

Post a Comment