09 November 2011

The Imago Dei – In All Mankind: In Medias Res


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I reach the mid-point of my thinking on this issue I wonder about the “so what” of it all.  I began in the middle.  Starting at the begging would take a long time to get to the end.  The question that matters at this point is what I must address. What does it matter that we are created in and carry an echo of God’s image?  Literally billions of people do not believe the same things that I do.  There was an immature time in my journey toward God that I would have been both dismissive and disrespectful of this.  I do not know how to answer the obvious arrogance of my beliefs.  I do know that I believe them and that the only proper way to communicate them is through love and grace.

The Imago Dei in all of man matters because it is to that image that I must appeal.  It is to that spark that I must give my love, respect, and acceptance.  We all cloud that image with trappings that are our attempts to escape the responsibility for our obligation to seek out God.  We belong to God.  He created us and calls us back to himself.  He has put his image in us as a loadstone and compass all in one. 

It is our need and duty to seek God out.  I wish to transition the conversation on this to the idea that those of us who follow Christ also have a unique image of God to respond to in our journey.  The “so what” of all of this is that we are all on a journey to God whether we accept that our not.  In his love for us God gives us the opportunity to know him before we get there.  The map to God, the thing that draws us along the path, and the guide along the way are all provided by God for us.  All we need to do is read, respond, and follow.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment