06 November 2011

The Imago Dei – In All Mankind: Justice


Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that one of the most contradictory things in my nature is my sense of justice.  When I am on about something I can demand justice.  When I feel compassionate I can overlook many things for the purpose of mercy.  I can also be very unjust and selfish.  It is my thinking on this inconsistency that causes me to reflect on the idea of God’s justice.

God is always just.  He balance’s his love and justice and mercy and grace perfectly.  What I must do is the same.  It is my duty to seek justice as God would seek it.  My sense of justice comes from God’s image in me.  When I deny it I am denying God.  A few days ago when I wrote about truth I mentioned Superman and Captain America.  They are fictional but the second cornerstone of their dedication is justice. 

When write books, make films, and constantly pursue justice.  It is also something we deny God.  We do not wish him to be just as much as we wish him to be loving.  We want a God that loves us but ignores justice.  I we did this with our children it would produce over indulged selfishness.  My Sons have an excellent sense of justice.  I tried to balance both love and justice in them even though I was not always the best example.

In measuring the image of God within me I must realize that God is just and in that justice he is honorable and good.  I cannot wish for God to love me and reject that he must also be just with me.  It is in the balance of these two things that I find Christ and him crucified for my injustices toward God.  Were there not justice the cross would not be necessary.  Where there no cross the love of God could not circumvent the justice of God to reach us.

It is our innate sense of justice that leads me to realize my injustices and to the conclusion that I need something beyond me to make the journey to God.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment