14 November 2011

The Imago Dei – In Christ Followers: Peace


Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize there are many levels of peace.  The facet about which I wish to focus today is that of our inner voice.  The place in us that directs our feelings and responses to the ongoing world is either at peace or in turmoil.  I think that the responses I have to things are a great measure of my inner peace.  If, however, that peace is a measure of God’s image on my heart I must ask where is comes from.

I think that this is simple.  God impresses on me from the moment I choose to follow him that even when I do not understand what is going on, he is in control.  My ability to apply the peace that God impresses on me is directly related to my acceptance of his control.  If I truly believe that God is in control and knows what he is doing, then whatever comes my way I can be at peace about it.

If I am not at peace I need to check my focus.  A focus on Christ and his sovereignty allows me to walk through troubles and disappointments with knowledge that things are unfolding as they should.  Things may move in a way that I do not like or that are not to my preference.  This should not compromise my peace.  I can be content no matter what state I am in if I focus on the rule of Christ in all things.

The result of this peace is that others can see that my faith is genuine.  I can care about the circumstances but the circumstances do not control me.  It is the peace of Christ that assures me that no matter how bad things seem all we be as it should.  My Grandfather used to say, “Whatever is to be, will be, even if it don’t happen.”  He understood that Christ was at the center of all things and that we did not need to worry.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment