18 May 2012

Advance Gratitude


Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that it is important not to count one’s chickens before they hatch.  I realize that the promise of the bud does not always deliver the fruit.  I do, however, also feel that the joy I experience at the sight of the many flowers and green berries warrants gratitude.

The strawberries have come slowly this year.  The cold spring has them just greening up.  The ample rain has them plump and hearty.  I have counted almost two hundred.  I yearn for them redden and ripen.  I long to pick them in the dewy morning and take some to my Sons and Grandsons. 

At some point I will pick the last one of the season.  Our resident skunk will steal a few.  Right now though I am so very thankful for the sight the dozens of green strawberries and white flowers that promise future enjoyment and nourishment.  They are one of the many gifts that God uses to remind me daily of his providence for me.

So in advance I wish to offer my gratitude for the beauty and promise of my strawberries.  I do nothing but gather and eat them.  I am thankful for this gift that beautifies my home and feeds both body and spirit.  Even if not a single berry were to ripen, at this moment I am filled with joy just because of the beauty and consistency of my strawberries.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."


No comments:

Post a Comment