28 May 2012

In Memoriam – Thank You


Greetings Dear Reader,

To me it seems that nothing is as simple as the words “thank you.”  To me is seems that thank you is rarely enough in this case.  While I sit in my comfortable home there are still men and women in harm’s way.  They are there for me.  They are there because they are willing to die so that I can live.

Even those who have fallen who we cannot name have a place of honor.  Many simply never return.  They are not known and are not identified.  We must never forget that all those gardens of stone exist because people laid down their lives for us.  I must be as vigilant as those soldiers to use my freedom to make the world a better place.

I cannot do anything to equal that gift.  Then again it is a gift.  I must honor the gift and those who gave it.  I need to live up to the ideal of this country that so many have died to protect. And to those who do the heavy lifting to assure that I can live that way, I can only do this.

Thank you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment