27 September 2014

A Pause to Reflect at a Drive-in Movie

Greetings Dear Reader,

We will rejoin my pondering concerning “That’s not how it works” on the morrow.  Today I am reflecting on some things that are vital to the next steps in my journey.  Sometimes when I travel this happens to me. 

Last night I went to a drive in theatre for the first time in over thirty years.  The experience was much different than I remember.  What impacted me most was that this place was has weathered the decades by changing with times.  Gone are the hanging speakers.  We now use a radio to hear the audio.  Gone are the dozens of cars listening to said audio and creating a unique echo effect.

The price was reasonable.  It was still a double feature.  The screen was small compared to what one expects.  The concession was intriguing in its offering of really bad late night drive in food.  The help was rude and unhelpful. 

The experience was still rich.  It triggered so many memories and thoughts about how things change as we journey.  What took me further down the path was the simplicity of watching a movie under the naked stars on a cool autumn evening.

The big dipper hung out my driver side window.   I saw a couple of shooting stars.  I relaxed and enjoyed a moving about a dolphin.  The beauty of it reminded me just how many blessings are in my life.  For that I am surly thankful.


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment