14 September 2014

The Walking Dead – Not About Zombies

Greetings Dear Reader,

It is important to understand that The Walking Dead is not a story about Zombies.  It is a story about the human condition.  Rick Grimes, the main character is trying to turn death into to fighting chance to live.  The world around him is constantly trying to devour him and his efforts.

Death is the backdrop of the story. It is the thing that drives the characters. Every dark space, every unknown, and every day holds the potential for terror and death.  The constant in the chaos is death.  That is the horror of it.

It is the same for us.  Every human owes a death.  We think we can control it.  Even ending our own life is outside of our control.  It is God who holds the choice for every one of us.  It is the sword hanging over all of our heads.  As the walking dead we are condemned to pay this debt. 

When God chooses, I will face a physical death.  Baring an accident or sudden event I likely know what will kill me.  I have to choose to live whilst I am dying.  I must follow Christ with all that I am so that as I journey toward the grave my journey matters.  It is not what I have or leave behind physically that matters. 

What matters is that I journey through this dead and dying world offering opportunities for life.  That will come soon enough.  For now we need to accept that we are on a path that does pass through death.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment