24 September 2014

That's Not How it Works - First Thoughs

Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently there have been ads for Esurance, an online insurance company that depict people not getting how social media works. I find them less tedious than I do most television ads.  My favorite is the one where the mum is playing Candy Crush on a dining room table using a hammer.

In many areas of my life I encounter people who are sure they know how things work but are sadly mistaken.  I recently had someone insist that a computer program functioned a certain way to perform a specific task.  When I disagreed the individual became angry.  Even after showing her what the creator of the program had to say about the issue she insisted that it worked differently.

This is so similar to how I feel people think God works.  I do not claim to understand many things about God.  What I do know is that those who loudly dishonor my faith do not understand who God is and how he works with humans, his creation. 

Misunderstanding God is so common.  I have encountered it since I began my journey of faith.  For my own review and for the sake of thinking through what I believe I am going to spend some time parsing what little I know about how God works.  Feel free to walk with me.  I think the discussion could be of value to us both.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment