17 April 2016

A Win and Some Warmth

Greetings Dear Reader,

My beloved Braves finally won Friday evening and Saturday dawned warm, sunny, and full of Spring.  I saw my first daffodils as well.  My Son, Daughter, and my Grandsons accompanied me to the local municipal baseball team’s opening pitch event.  My younger Grandson was thrilled to see the team mascot and upset that there was no game.

The pinnacle of the day, however, was after it all.  The younger Grandson fell asleep instantly in the car.  My Son decided to drive for a bit so that the lad would remain sleeping.  We drove for about forty-five minutes.  The windows were down.  The music was loud. 

We road in mostly silence but my Son was singing with the music. I love it when he sings.  We have a long ride ahead of us in a few weeks as we all journey to the beach for vacation.  I find great pleasure in long drives.  I also enjoy the company of my children on such ventures.

In those moments on the road I find the journey so real.  My thoughts are my own and often I am in solitude in company.  I am able to pray, worship, and ponder the big questions dancing through my head. 

The warmth of the day and the time with family reminded me of how much I find joy in those things.   My Children and Grandchildren are a constant oasis in my journey.  As summer and all it activity winks at me from the horizon I find hope and anticipation in the coming events.  Fun times with those I love are truly a blessing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment