01 April 2016

Second Thoughts – Farewell to a Friend

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

I realize that this is directed at an individual but I think you can all understand the sentiment.  My friend Ashley is moving away.  Her career has offered her an opportunity far away in the sun and warmth.  She would be foolish to not take it.

Her new adventure leaves a gap in the joy and enjoyment of the day.  Any day that I have encountered her smile and kindness has lifted my spirits.  Her love for work and her community have allowed her to take on challenges and be better for them.  Whether putting sweat equity into a rental home or serving food at a festival she always gives her very best.

Ashley did not have to be a friend.  Her position and the demands of her work would command understanding that she gives enough just doing her job.  Her heart, however, would not allow it.  Where kindness is shown to her she returns it with interest.  She treats people with love and respect.

Her departure will leave a void.  Someone will fill her position.  Someone will do the job she did here.  No one will ever replace her.  This writer is thankful for the laughter, kindness, and intelligence she shared during her sojourn here.  As she journeys on to the next adventure my heart breaks a little but it also is filled with joy for her. 

It is the nature of life that changes comes.  I did not wish for this transition to go un-lauded.  Ashley you have a friend here whenever you need one.  You have made a difference that will never fade.  Fare well wherever you fare dear friend.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment