16 April 2016

Too Much Baggage for the Journey – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

The road home is a long one.  We are all on a journey back to the Father and all that he has for us.  The things we carry physically, emotionally, and spiritually only slow us down.  Putting too much baggage into the Gospel is perilous.

I have felt homeless most of my life.  I am a vagabond who does not wander.  I am a homebody without a real home.  What I need to remember is that I am passing through.  The comfort needs to be in that I carry my home with me.  Christ has promised to be our home and our sufficiency.  It is in him that we live and move and have our being.

We have two compass points to follow in the journey:  Love the Father with all of our heart, soul, and mind and love my fellow travelers unconditionally.  Everything else is subject to this.  Everything that violates these two commands is baggage we do not need.  It is a burden and should be cast off and discarded.

The mountain tops seem taller lately.  The valleys seem deeper.  I am lonely for some former fellow travelers.  When I pause to worship I wish they were there.  When I pray for them I long to see their faces and laugh with them again.  That time will come again but not until we all get home. 

For now I am going to assure that I shed my journey of the unnecessary baggage others put into the Gospel.  I have opinions, thoughts, and questions on many issues.  I will continue to process them here with you Dear Reader.  I will not, however, be indulging in hatred, judgement, or condemnation.  I will not dismiss anyone because they do not agree with the way I believe, worship, or practice my faith.

The road is long enough without carrying too much baggage.  I will not carry it nor will I require others to do so.  Walk with me when you can Dear Reader.  I cherish you companionship.  Let me know if I can help you drop any burdens.

I Will Bring You Home – Michael Card

Though you are homeless
Though you're alone
I will be your home
Whatever's the matter
Whatever's been done
I will be your home
I will be your home
I will be your home

In this fearful fallen place
I will be your home

When time reaches fullness
When I move my hand
I will bring you home
Home to your own place
In a beautiful land
I will bring you home
I will bring you home
I will bring you home
From this fearful fallen place

I will bring you home
I will bring you home

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment