15 December 2012


Music of the Season – Christmasing with You

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today is our annual Christmas open house.  I love this day so much when I get to share my home and larder with my friends and family.  I have so many rich blessings in my life and I love sharing my love for Christmas with others.

This year, however, I am especially missing some absent friends.  I am sentimental, emotional, and a bit corny.  My mind has been on friends I have not seen in years and in ones I see but get no real time with during the year.  I have always been someone who feels things very deeply. 

So amidst the joy of the party there will be moments a memory and prayer for absent friends.  I have no way to digitally allow you to hear this song, but I am sure the words covey the feelings in my heart.

Christmasing with You – M. and S.

Snow is drifting in the meadow
Postman’s ringing at the door
Bringing cards and packages by the score

Ornaments sparkle from the fireplace
Lights are twinkling in the lane
But I find myself thinking of you again

And I’m missing you this Christmas
If I tell it true
I wish I was Christmasing with you

Nephews and nieces filled with wonder
Sister is busy with the meal
Just a moment to call you can I steal

Your phone rings on without an answer
I return to the frolic feeling blue
Wishing I was Christmasing with you

Lovers dance a final waltz
Then for home depart
This year I’ll have to be content
To hold you in my heart

Alone in the evening sorting mail
Wish I were sitting with you
Pondering all the sweet things that you do

My eye catches your handwriting
Anxious to open up the card
Hungry for your words to warm my heart

Tears fall on the card you sent me
If what I read is true
Tomorrow I’ll be Christmasing with you

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. those are nice words. I hope the party is great fun! I mentioned to Lisa when we were together tonight, walking to the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park (so crowded!!!) that your party is tonight.

    ReplyDelete