30 December 2012

The Closing of the Year – Writing

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have so much I wish to write and the time to do it gets assaulted regularly by the business of daily living.  I have spent a good deal of the last and will spend much of the next week completing the first draft of a new novel.  It is the first in a series of three and I am tempted to take the Peter Jackson approach and write all three then find the natural dividing lines. 

I know that I need the sense of completion for the first draft.  I hit a rough patch last Thursday and struggled to get out my word count.  I will need to write most of the day if I am to succeed. 

The reason I am sharing this with you is that I do not much speak of my writing goals.  My heart’s desire is to only be a writer.  I have been trying to get there for some time but it eludes me.  My blog is one of my disciplines so that I stay focused on writing daily.  Most days it is the warm up for my fiction writing.  One of my intents in the coming year is to amplify my writing time at the expense of other things. 

I am telling you this because I know that all of you have dreams that you can pursue with more vigor.  I want you to pursue them.  I want you to become what it is you long to become.  If you need someone to tell you can get there, drop me a line.  I find great joy in encouraging the dreams of others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment