06 December 2012

Music of the Season – First Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

There is little music that touches me the way Christmas music does.  I listen to some of it all year round.  The reason that it gets so deep into my spirit is that the content of what I listen to matters.  It is not just jolly and happy music that I like.  It is the content filled songs that remind me of what it is I celebrate.

I am going to talk a little about the history of some of this music but more importantly I wish to dwell on the content.  What is the artist saying to us that matters?  How I am supposed to be changed by what I hear?  Where is this music trying to take me?

Walk with me for a bit and we may have a better Christmas season for it.  I know that thinking about  these things will benefit me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment