26 December 2012

Music of the Season – Closing of the Year

Happy Christmas Dear Reader,

For many of you thoughts turn from Christmas to New Year’s Eve.  Some are rushing out to get the after Christmas sales.  At least one Dear Reader begins her journey home soon.  Yesterday I was with my Children and Grand Children.  It was lovely and blessed.  I have some time off for good behavior; fourteen days give or take a few.  I am going to use that time to complete the first draft of my new novel.

What I wish to close this segment with is a song that plays over and over in my mind throughout the year.  It is worth a listen and some thought.  Nothing we do this side of the journey’s end will ever be perfect.  So the misfortunes and pain become part of life.  The truth, however, is that were those things not present we would need no hope.  As with all things the Christmas season comes back to faith.

I believe.  I believe we can better in the way we treat each other.  I believe we can be kinder, gentler, and more loving.  So I will close the year and this series planning how I will do that.  Truly Christmas season never ends for me.  The incarnation of Christ is the beginning of hope and faith for me.  It was when I learned who Jesus is.  It was where I first heard that love and faith have a place for me.

All the other holy days are absent without the incarnation.  All the other moments of faith and following are impossible without the advent of the author and finisher of our faith.  So at the closing of the year I hope you find hope and comfort in the Christ child and listen to the words he later said.

Thank you Dear Reader for your silent constant presence.  Be safe and happy at the closing of the year.

The Closing of the Year – Wendy and Lisa

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope
For nothing is more precious
Than the time we have and so

We all must learn from small misfortune
Count the blessings that are real
Let the bells ring out for Christmas
At the closing of the year
Let the bells ring out for Christmas
at the closing of the year

All for the needs of a Sergeant Major,
Ride through the woods with the wind in your hair,
Silver bells on the snow white reindeer
As we race to the castle over there

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope

Now all the winter bells are ringing
Hear them echo through the snow
And the children's voices singing
on the streets so far below

This is a time to be together
And the truth is somewhere here
Within our love: all people
at the closing of the year

We'll walk in the sun
With all of the faith
And all of the Patience
All of the way
With all of us right
And all of us saying
"Love one another"
We'll fly in the arms of time
Walk in the waves, never fall
Don't fall (at the closing of the year)
at the closing of the year

If I cannot bring you comfort
Then at least I bring you hope

Then at least I bring you hope

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. my presence is not silent! I think it's me you mentioned, and that is nice. I am checked in to my flight tomorrow - it does not seem real I am going home that quickly! Oh - in Notting Hill I found people singing outside the Salvation Army with a kettle - such a thrill. I have a picture I'll share on the blog. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and your 14 days plan of finishing off the first draft of your novel sounds lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete