29 December 2012

The Closing of the Year – New Pursuits

Greetings Dear Reader,

Each year I ponder new things I wish to learn and do.  My Son Bezel has been encouraging me to travel and I am trying to work this out.  There are places I wish to visit and things I wish to do.  Some are related to my profession others are just things I wish to see.

Another pursuit that interests me this year is that of finding a deeper level in my faith.  I have discarded most of the trappings of traditional Christ following but I cling to Christ and his word.  I want to follow more closely.  I want to be more of what I am meant to be and not settle for less.

A few years ago I learned some lessons about having less.  This seems like a good year to renew those efforts.  I see so many things I have that I do not need but could be used by others.  I have things I have not touched in over a year.  Most of them will go.

How about you Dear Reader?  What new pursuits await you?  How will you get there?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I want to hear more about all of this. How you will grow deeper in your faith - this is something I always wonder about for myself. where you will travel (you know I love travel) and donating what you no longer need has been the story of my life for the past year. I am looking forward to the amazing things you'll do an experience in 2013. When do you want to get together?

    ReplyDelete