04 December 2012

A Season of Giving – Absent Friends

Greetings Dear Reader,

We all know someone who is away from home for some reason at Christmas.  It takes little effort to reach out to them and let them know they are missed.  Whether the absent friend is family or someone in the military we can find a way to let them know they are still a part of our community.

We can also look in our community for those who are far from home and give them some family to be part of this Christmas.  It can be as simple as offering a meal or a place to stay while school is in recess.  The whole idea of Christmas is God trying to reconnect his family in us.  Why not make the time to reconnect with those who need to be reminded of family.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. my friend and her family are welcoming my sister, brother and law and I into their home this Christmas and I am so thankful! I think you are right - it's extra important to make those with no home to go to this Christmas extra special welcomed into your home. I want my Christmas to be like that when I have a place of my own!

    ReplyDelete