09 December 2013

Advent – A Week of Sundays – Accepting God’s Forgiveness

Greetings Dear Reader,

One of the things that I see as a primary step in having a forgiving heart is accepting that I need and have forgiveness from God.  I am need of it daily and over the span of my life.  I am in need; full stop.  

It is pride, for which I need forgiveness that prevents me seeing this need.  I raise standards and compare sin to keep me from seeing said need.  This makes me feel better for a moment but does nothing to ameliorate the condition.  It is like treating a fever without treating the infection.  The purpose of the fever is to get us to notice the infection. 

I ponder Joseph so clearly at this time.  What must it have been to see things through his eyes?  It took an angel to move him to the place of understanding and forgiveness.  It took something miraculous to bend his will.  We seek the miraculous in order to accept our need to be forgiveness.  What we fail to see is that forgiveness is miraculous. 

Left to my own devices I want vengeance, retribution, and compensation.  As a man apart from God I crave to see my enemies suffering and destroyed.  But to the degree that I need forgiveness I must offer it to others.  I must accept that it is miraculous that God loves me enough to forgive me.  I must embrace and recreate the miracle that is forgiveness. 

I must accept forgiveness from God that I so desperately need and then in turn give it to others.  Joseph believed that Mary had done wrong to him.  Even though he was mistaken he still had to forgive her.  Love cannot function without forgiveness.  If I do not realize my need for it form God then I cannot understand the depth of his love for me.  Do you seek a miracle to believe?  I think you need look no further.

Forgiveness is a Miracle – Jason Gray

Love can make a soul come alive
Love can draw a dream out of the darkness
And blow every door open wide
But love can leave you broken hearted

Did she dare to look you in the eye?
Did her betrayal leave you raging?
Did you let her see you cry?
When she said the child was not your baby

Pain can turn to anger then to vengeance
It happens time and again
Even in the best of men
It takes a miracle to save us

When love is like an open wound
There's no way to stop the bleeding
Did you lose sleep over what to do ?
Between what's just and what brings healing

Pain can be a road to find compassion
When we don't understand and bring a better end
It takes a miracle to show us

Forgiveness is a miracle, a miracle
And a miracle will change your world
Forgiveness is a miracle

An angel in a dream spoke into your darkest night
So you trusted in the Lord
And you took her as your wife

The forgiveness that you gave
Would be given back to you
Because you carried in your heart
What she was holding in her womb

Love was in a crowded barn
There you were beside her kneeling
You held it in your arms
As the miracle started breathing

Forgiveness is a miracle, a miracle
And a miracle will change your world
Forgiveness is a miracle

Forgiveness is a miracle , a miracle
And a miracle will change your world
Forgiveness is a miracle

Blessed Joseph, your heart is proven
And through you the kingdom has come
For God delights in a man of mercy
And has found an earthly father for his son


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment