14 December 2013

Advent – A Week of Sundays – Forgiveness in Redemption

Greetings Dear Reader,

Whether I ever admit it or not I am at odds with God.  For the record I do admit it.  I have failed to love him as I should.  There are times when I have failed to show the kindness and grace I should. 

I need forgiveness from God.  I need to forgive others.  Christ comes to us as the offering of forgiveness from God.  It is in this forgiveness that we forge the relationship that allows us to follow and emulate Christ.

The babe in the manger becomes the man on the cross.  Christmas is about the Father expressing his good will to us through the birth of his son.  If we focus on forgiveness we can find a path to the hope and joy that God wishes for us all.

I know that this focus for me purges things that hinder love.  There is no way that I can love others if I do not forgive them.  There is no path to following Christ that does not include forgiveness.  Jesus asked us to pray that we be forgiven in the way in which we give it.  That is so strong.

As I approach my Christmas I am determined not to hold onto any offences.  I am bound to seek forgiveness from those I have harmed.  Forgiveness is a gift I can liberally give to those in need of it.  All it costs me is pride.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment