17 December 2013

Advent – A Week of Sundays – Be First

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that for a Christ follower to say to be first is out of sorts.  This is one of those things at which I strive to be first.  In every encounter I try to be the first to be kind and spread some joy to others.

If I truly see the joy in following Christ I will wish to share it with others.  I am not talking about creating discomfort by insinuating a discussion of Christ in every conversation.  It is rather that I spread joy to others by treating them well.  My Christmas spirit must reflect the joy that is part of being a Christ follower.

This is so easy to do in a practical hands and feet way.  Overt tip and be nice to your waitress.  She is a person with a life and needs.  Thank the person who rings up your purchases for being there.  Make eye contact with people and smile.  If we truly believe that we have Christ and all that he promises then we must reach into the lives of others with kindness and joy.

Even when I do not feel joy to the depth I wish to feel it I can give it to others.  I can put others in the place of being the one to whom I give kindness, gratitude, and love.  It is up to me to be the one doing the acting.  It is up to Christ to manage the results.  You see all I have to do is be the first to spread the joy.  It is Christ who manages the impact in the lives of others.  Christmas after all has promises to keep…


Promises to Keep – Trans-Siberian Orchestra

The most magical thing about this night we will now reiterate
No matter where you are in life it is not too late

Christmas time
On a cold December morning
All is calm
And the world is still asleep
Christmas lights
That have been caught without warning
Gently glitter on
Stars to wish upon
All the world is at peace

Christmas time and the year will soon be leaving
Cloaked in time till it's just a memory
Christmas stays if we don't forget its meaning
Days go quickly by
Years they multiply
And we go searching for thee

And the dream is still alive
From that first December morning
And it always will survive
As long as we can see
That the dreams we find in life
Are the dreams we tend to seek
And Christmas has its promises to keep

Christmas time
And the moments just beginning
From last night
When we'd wished upon a star

If our kindness
This day is just pretending
If we pretend long enough
Never giving up
It just might be who we are


Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment