11 December 2013

Advent – A Week of Sundays – Forgiveness for Others

Greetings Dear Reader,

Again as I ponder this topic I do so searching for things I may have held onto that I should not.  My failure to forgive is quite stealthy.  I often do not realize it until I am in a later encounter.  I will be talking with someone and a past slight or offense will erupt to the surface in the form of an unkind comment or acerbic remark.

Being good with words is actually a detriment here.  I find that when I have harbored a grudge my brain is very good at being subtly unkind.  I work at practicing immediate forgiveness.  If I do not it harms who I am with others.

This concept is so vital to following Christ.  Immediate forgiveness to others paves the path for grace, love, and kindness.  I cannot afford to harbor resentment to anyone.  I am in too much need of forgiveness of my own.

This translates so practically.  When we return kindness for unkindness we can nurture the forgiveness in our spirits.  When I am good to those who wrong me I create a better world one act at a time.  Is that not what we all need?  Can you imagine a world composed of the cumulative impact of millions of small acts of forgiveness and kindness?  I can.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment