23 April 2015

The Clauses in our thoughts – Criticism

Greetings Dear Reader,

As the caffeine kick starts my brain this morning and I approach this aspect of the topic I am haunted by times when I have been too critical of others.  That haunting pushes me to be less critical and deflect it when others are indulging in unkind criticism.

This is one of those things that begins in the mind and is so devastating to the thinker.  We do not realize how a critical nature erodes our ability to find joy and sweetness in life.  I have a dear friend who no matter what is said can spot the negative and call it out for all to see.   How did this person get there?  How did the positive become poison to her thinking?

It starts in the mind.  It begins when we let the negative take root in the mind.  Whether it is damage caused to us by others or selfish acts of want and jealousy, allowing negative criticism to have purchase in the mind is dangerous.  It is one of those things that grows within us and kills the good thoughts as quickly as possible.

A critical nature quickly poisons the thinking.  It also poisons others.  Friendships and relationships suffer.  Opportunities are lost.  A critical nature quickly becomes a lonely place.  It is just too dangerous a path to walk.

I must think on good things.  I must see the positive things in others.  If I feel critical I must ask why and control my thinking.  I must not dismiss cruel or unkind behaviour as “just being honest”.  I cannot justify negative criticism and claim that I am obeying the command to love others.  It just does not scan.  

It is not enough to not participate.  I must do more.  I must see and expose the positive in others.  I must recognize and call out the intrinsic value of every soul.  I must love them.  If I focus my thinking on this then there is not room for negative thought bubbles.

Prayer of Saint Francis – Sarah Maclachlan

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon:
Where there is doubt, faith ;
Where there is despair, hope
Where there is darkness, light
Where there is sadness, joy
O divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment