04 April 2015

My King – Empty Graves

Greetings Dear Reader,

“…and the grave couldn't hold Him.”

There are moments fleeting and turbulent.  There are moments steady and calm.  Some of those moments seem to last an eternity.  Today is always one of those moments to me.  It is as if the hour glass has run out and we are waiting for the keep to turn it again.  Time is full and we await the turning so it can empty again.

It is as if we are in the trough between vast waves on a blustery sea.   All we can see around us are angry walls of water.  The dark sky and the raging wind remind us that we are at the mercy of powers far beyond our reach. 

Yesterday’s grief is still fresh, raw, and keening in our souls.  We have paid for the party with our dearest blood.  My King is attempting to turn death into a fighting chance to live.  The eternal transaction is being played out.  The King, my King is dead.

We are in that moment where payment has been laid on the table.  Our debts to God are in the balance.  Will God accept the payment?  Will Christ’s blood be enough to cover the debt of death and destruction we owe?  My debt is laid on the table.  The table is a slab in a borrowed tomb.  Will the Father take up the payment?  Will my King live?  Will I get to live?

In the moment this moment can seem to stretch on endlessly.  In the throes of pain so deep it seems the pain will never end.  The raw exposed nerves scream and cry for solace they do not believe is available.  That moment, however, passes.  The next moment comes.  The ship mounts the next wave.  The glass is rotated and the pinch is filled.

Tomorrow will come.  We know the glass will be turned.  My King told us it would be.  “Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up,” he said.  “I will draw all humans to me,” he said.  After the beating, the crucifixion, and the death there is the waiting.  After the grief, the loss, and the angry blood moon there is another day.

After weeping, despair, and mourning there is morning.  Time will roll on. There is a stone sealed over the door guarded by soldiers.  The stone will roll aside.  There is a flood of grace and mercy unleased as Jesus rolls off of the slab and steps into the light. 

The sand begins to flow through the pinch.  We can see a break in the clouds as we mount the next wave.  In the early morning light we can see the empty tomb and the winding sheet.  Time rolls on until the next moment when there will be empty graves. 

Life will return.  We will all rise.  “Even if my body is no more, I know in my flesh that I will see the Lord.”  That’s my King.  I wonder if you know him.

Sweet River Roll – Waterdeep

Homebound Henry's he’s got a tumor in his head
He wakes up sweating every morning after dreaming he was dead
He used to think that life was boring, but now that's not the case
He turns to his wife in the evening
He says "Honey I'm afraid I'm gonna lose this race"

Sweet River roll all over me
Sweet River roll, hey all over me

Soaking wet Juliet, she lives in a well full of tears
Her husband left her for some bimbo after twenty-two years
Now she's got to start all over, but she's just so terrified
She thinks it woulda been so much easier if he woulda just died

Sweet River roll all over me
Sweet River roll, hey all over me

Now I'm lookin' out my car window sittin' in the pouring rain
Although your house is fifteen miles away, I can still feel your pain
Now I've thought and prayed and worked it
Through about a hundred times or more
How your soul just cries to everyone to help you get up off the floor

Right now it's morning, you're probably sleepin'
I bet you're totally unaware
Of the flood of kisses you hold back by the way that you despair
It ain't me I'm talking about here, or anybody else you can touch
That's all I want to say right now, I don't want to say too much

Except Sweet Jesus roll
Roll all over me
Sweet Jesus roll, hey
All over me

Sweet Jesus, oh you has to roll, hey
You gotta roll all over me
Sweet Jesus, oh You has to roll, hey
And use to set me free
Ahh just set me free, hey

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment