30 January 2017

An Aspect on Ratio – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday after church my Daughter and I went to some shops on the west side.  As we were returning to our car to go for lunch another car cut around a car waiting for a parking space.  It nearly hit a couple who were making their way from the car park to the sidewalk.

The guy observed loudly that the people in the offending car were probably “on their way to shopping from church.”  I called out to him that we had just come from church and that we do not drive like that.  He smiled and the moment passed. 

It caused me to ponder the everyday things we do that reflect on our faith.  It made me wonder what had happened to cause that man to blame Christians coming from church for poor parking lot manners.

I must embrace that we have areas where we fail to have the proper aspect in terms of our social values as Christ followers.  I must see that I have balance in this.  It is not about politics or even social justice.  It is about being faithful to the commands of Christ.

This again will be a brief part of the journey but it is vital to the long trek.   Walk with me Dear Reader and share your thoughts and questions with me if you will.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment