14 January 2017

Everything I needed to Know – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

There have been so many things that have contributed to my character as I have journeyed this half century plus.   Long before I came to the place where I wanted my life to belong to Christ alone I was influenced by Tolkien, Lewis, and mostly Roddenberry.

Many years ago I was given a gift of a poster that was styled on the poplar “All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten”, by Robert Fulghum.  I highly recommend his book.  What I was given, however, was titled “All I Really Need to Know I Learned from Watching Star Trek.”  

This world that Gene Roddenberry created sustained me through some dark times when I was too young to have dark times.  The more direct social lessons about racism and the like were lost on my youth.  I did not yet understand their vitality.  They would do much in later years to shape my thinking. 

There were lessons that I did learn.  They are made clear by the simple lines of the poster that I was gifted.  As I focus on becoming more attuned to following Christ in every aspect of my life I return to some simple phrases to reinforce that I cannot live the vertical relationship with the Father if I do not live the horizontal relationship with people.

As I reread the advice of the poster it reminds me that I must dwell on the things it says and align myself to many of them to faithfully follow Christ.  I will spend a few days enforcing the thoughts on my standards to assure that they align with my actions.  Please walk with me Dear Reader.  I value your company and thoughts always. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment