02 January 2017

Evil be thou my Good – Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I was pondering the year I realized that one of the things that concerns me is the continued shift in what is seen as acceptable and good in our culture.  I do not expect things to get better.  That is not what Christ followers are supposed to expect. 

I do, however, need to be vigilant about the things that are changing around me.   Between a culture that is ambivalent about rules and the acceptance of things that faith directly declares wrong I must find the path through the year without being compromised.

This does not mean that I can reject those who disagree with me.  It does not allow me to condemn others.  I must also not allow fear of things to guide my choices.  The world will change around me and I must consider how I will represent Christ in that world without compromise and contrition. 

As I walk through this thinking I have to consider the choices culture makes relative to the absolutes of my faith.   When they are in contrast I must always choose faith.  When the compromise does not violate the principles of my faith I must give up my preferences if it helps me be a better example.

Some of this will be hard but the truth and the right path are what the journey requires.  Walk with me a bit Dear Reader and as always let me know that you think.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment