31 January 2017

Second Thoughts – One Month In

Greetings Dear Reader,

Sometimes I will end the day with thoughts that are important to get out.  Usually I just write them and put them in my journal folder.  I have chosen that on occasion I will share them with you Dear Reader.

Here we are at the close of the last day of January in the Year of our Lord 2017.   What have you done with the first twelfth of the year Dear Reader?  There are only 327 days left until Christmas.  The sand drifts through the pinch and our resolutions have been mostly swept up with the New Year confetti. 

What are your aspirations.  I am not here to chide you but to remind you that amidst the joy and sorrow of a new President in office we need to remember that our lives must move forward.  Winter will wane.  Spring will erupt with new life and potential.  Summer, and peaches, and swimming will come to pass.  Autumn will rip the spring leaves from the trees and we will carve pumpkins and turkeys.  Turn the page.

I am on track to things I wish to do but some attempt to elude my grasp.  Unexpected events already have tried to derail me.  At the closing of this month I urge you to cling to hope.  Do not give up on us.  Raise your voices and be heard no matter what you believe.  Talk with each other and become people of reason.  My faith can handle honest conversation.  Can yours? (If you think that you do not have faith in something that is another conversation we need to have.)

I care about the social woes we battle.  I care about the fears we feel.  Sacking and burning is never the answer.  Honest respectful dialogue is.  We do not nor have we ever lived in a Camelot.  The people in Camelot never lived in a Camelot.  We can, however, find a bit of it from December to December if we try.  What do you think Dear Reader?


It's true! It's true! The crown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.
A law was made a distant moon ago here:
July and August cannot be too hot.
And there's a legal limit to the snow here
In Camelot.

The winter is forbidden till December
And exits March the second on the dot.
By order, summer lingers through September
In Camelot.
Camelot! Camelot!

I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.

The rain may never fall till after sundown.
By eight, the morning fog must disappear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.
Camelot! Camelot!

I know it gives a person pause,
But in Camelot, Camelot
Those are the legal laws.
The snow may never slush upon the hillside.
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


No comments:

Post a Comment