19 January 2017

Everything I needed to Know – Phasers on Stun

Greetings Dear Reader,

As we move out into the world each day we will encounter things that endanger us.  There will be enemies.  There will be struggles and challenges.  Things will go wrong.  Friends may betray us.  Competitors will try to beat us.  Adversaries will attempt to undermine us.

We must be wary and careful but we must also not retaliate.  Whether it is actual attack by an enemy or the cutting remarks of a coworker we must always be gentle and kind.  We can use love and patience to be disarming.  

Just last week a customer told me that when we first met almost three years ago, she thought my kindness was being sarcastic.  She is excellent at her job and expects those who work with her to be the same.  She told me also that realizing that my kindness was genuine gave her confidence in what we do.

It is too easy for the things we do to become adversarial.  We must be vigilant in our pursuit of living peacefully with all humans.  We must not harm others to gain or control.  We are always to love and make that our most powerful weapon.  It can crush barriers and disarm the angry. 

In all that I do and in all that I think my heart is to lead with love for others.  It is vital that I set my phaser to stun.  It has become obvious that this tactic disarms and instructs.  I am usually the one who does most of the learning.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment