27 August 2018

All Those Who Wander ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

When I wrote about negating needs a couple of weeks ago I had no idea how quickly I would be required to negate some of them.  I talked about the difference between wanting a home and where our true home really lies.  Within days it became apparent that I was going to be required to live this.

Balancing the desire for home and the need to journey onward is difficult.  We need community but we also need to be vagabonds.  Perhaps we are supposed to be nomads.  We also have to learn to be still.  The paradox is a narrow navigation.

As I strike out on the road for a bit I realize that one of the things I need to do is dispel some old ghosts.  I must also find a place to achieve a balance.  I need to mend some long-broken fences.  It intrigues me how broken fences left un-mended become walls. 

There are things internally that I must mitigate and things I must nurture.  Perhaps the idea that the road teaches us things we cannot learn at home is playing out here.  Perhaps there is more for me to learn than I am aware.

One can get used to almost anything.  I have never been able to get used to being alone.  As I wander for a bit, I could use your company Dear Reader.  Your conversation and kind words make even the roughest roads smooth.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes, a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king. – J.R.R. Tolkien – Fellowship of the Ring

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    
Novels on Amazon             

1 comment: