23 September 2011

From Dirges to Anthems - Planning


Greetings Dear Reader,

Plans I've made
A masquerade fading in fear of the coming day – Dan Fogelberg

I have always seen the things I plan and wish for as goals and objectives.  I get discouraged when I see little or no progress.  I get upset when I feel that I am not closer to the things I desire.  Plans are really a masquerade for me trying to get what I want versus listening and obeying.  I am not saying that dreams and ambitions are wrong but they must live in perspective.

The things to which I aspire must not be my keystone.  Christ must be that upon which I depend and hope.  The coming day will hold what it does and no matter how that impacts my plans I must look to Christ for my solace in it.  When I feel a lack of contentment I must allow the feeling but then put it in perspective of Christ’s path for me. 

The serenity that I need is only found in this attitude.  The strength to keep trying to achieve what I wish to be must first be in my attempts to be what Christ calls me to be in him.  Anything beyond that is an exercise masquerade plans.  If I desire things outside of the path that Christ wishes me to walk it is a pretending of pretense that is only my weak attempt to hide from who I am.

It is in this truth that I am able to face the rigors of pursing my heart’s desires amidst the rigors of things that I must do to get there.  As the day unfolds I need only see the hand of Christ unfolding it to assure me that whether the unfolding coincides with my thoughts or not, the day is unfolding as it should.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn                              
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment