30 September 2011

Closing September


Greetings Dear Reader,

The falling leaves are whispering
Winters on its way – John Denver

I hear all around friends and coworkers moaning the passing of summer and the onset of winter.  I feel the silence in my non-air-conditioned house as the fans are taken out of the windows and put away until late spring.  It feels like September was only a couple of short blinks. 

As autumn takes hold on my part of the world I enjoy the crispness in the air and the dew threatening to become frost. Throughout last night a stiff wind free the trees around the house of it spurious branches.  None of them were big enough to do any damage but the bluster created quite the symphony. 

Today looks to be one of Pooh’s blustery days and that pleases me.  I try my best not to complain about the weather ever.  Today I revel in it.  Today I love the weather.  I am thankful for the beauty that is on rushing autumn.  I am not sure that I have anything too deep to offer today but seeing myself reflected in the seasons fills me with joy.  It makes the journey amazing.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

“Homo proponit, sed Deus disponi”

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are loving September. And fall. I'm doing my best not to complain, because normally I love the fall. I just try to forget that fall means winter is just around the corner. Although I'm having a hard time reconciling that it's still September, because the 50 degree, rainy days feel a whole lot more like October than Sept!

    ReplyDelete