10 March 2015

My King – Leading up to the Moment

Greetings Dear Reader,

We are predisposed to act differently in the presence of royalty.  No matter how we feel about a king there is something in us that feels different as we approach the throne.  Whatever the monarch represents to us bubbles to the surface and seeks to have lease with our heart and mind. 

As Dr. Lockridge leads up to his moment he explains to us that his intent is to get to the “Amen” at the end of Jesus’ example of how to pray.  He explains that we are to be constantly in the presence of our King through prayer.  He defines prayer as an unending obligation given to us by God.  If you wish to listen to the entire sermon you can do so here: The Amen.  If you go do that now, enjoy the sermon but please come back.

It is through prayer that we practice the presence of the King.  We need to constantly remember that we are constantly in the presence of God.  Jesus told us that we would give an account for every idle word we speak.  He gave us an example of how to pray.  He reminded us that we to ever be in communion with God.

He knew he would inherit the throne after completing the harder part of our redemption.   He knew he was destined to be King.  He desire was to establish an example for us of how to live in his kingdom.  One of the things he wishes for us to understand is that we have constant access to the King.

My King wants to hear me.  He wants to interact with me. He wishes for me to pour my heart to him.  He wants to hear me enjoy the good things.  He wants me to know that he is listening.  Prayer is a privilege, a power, and a weapon.  

I want my entire life to be a prayer to my King.  When I am kind to your Dear Reader, it is a living prayer to my King.  It is a part of my attempt to follow his example.  When I do good I am practicing the presence of my King.  When I do what is right it is a prayer of respect and loyalty to my King.

It is my King who matters and by his decree everyone matters.  He commands me to love everyone. That command is a command to prayer.  When I show love I am communicating to my King that I honor and respect his wishes.  As I journey toward the moment where I step into his presence I want it to be a journey of preparation.  I want my life to have been a prologue to the eternal conversation he desires with us all. 


Make my life a prayer to You
I wanna do what You want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise

I wanna shine the light You gave
Through Your Son You sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know You're really there

Well I wanna thank You now for being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see, when my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have the trust and just believe what You say
Oh You're coming again, You're coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give Your life to me, so I might live
And share the hope You gave to me, the love that set me free
I wanna tell the world out there, You're not some fable or fairy tale
That I've made up inside my head, You're God the Son
You've risen from the dead

Oh I wanna thank You now for being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see, when my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have the trust and just believe what You say
Oh You're coming again, coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give Your life to me, so I might live
And share the hope You gave to me
I wanna share the love that set me free

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment