01 March 2015

On Truth - Hatred

Greetings Dear Reader,

Hatred is allowed.  There are things we should hate.  There are ideas we should hate.  There is no living being we are allowed to hate.  I wish to drill deep on this.  It is important. 

Consider the vilest human being you can conjure to mind.  Consider the worst things we can do to each other.  Picture the man or woman who does those things without hesitation or regret.  I do mean the depth of the evil wretched things we visit upon one another.   I hate bringing those images to your mind Dear Reader but it is vital to our thought process.

As you picture those people doing those things you must also consider this:  God forbids us to hate them.  God loves them.  He commands us to love them.  We are not allowed to hate evil men.  We are not allowed to hate those with whom we disagree theologically, socially, or politically. Hatred makes murderers of us all.

Our current state governor is very hated by his opposition.  He is conservative.  Anyone who claims to be a Christ follower is obligated to love him, pray for him, and respect his office.  They do not have to agree with him but they are forbidden to hate him.

Murderous men are killing people in the name of Islam.  I am forbidden from hatred concerning these men.  I am required to pray for them.  I am to leave the judgment and restitution in God’s hands.  The hard truth is that I may detest anything they do but that I must love them.  I must desire their reclamation.  I must yearn for their redemption.  I must love my enemy.

The same applies to any person with whom I find fault.  The requirement is to abstain from hatred of any living being.  Imagine the impact of Christ followers truly letting go of hatred in all forms.  We could truly change things.  We could truly make a difference.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2 comments:

  1. Very Well Written! Yes. Truly, the wisdom of God is beyond all human understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Primal Hatred is not Allowed but the Abhorrence of Abomination best describes the Truth about what we should feel about lusts of the Flesh.
    Pride and Ego are two.

    ReplyDelete