18 March 2015

My King – Steadfast

Greetings Dear Reader,

This is another one of those words that we do not hear as often as we would like.  Perhaps it is because it so seldom applies to people in our world.  It may be that we have become so accustomed to the transitory, temporary, and disposable that we do not fully understand the value of someone who is resolute and unwavering in duty. 

We seem to have lost the idea of duty in our society.  We count on our soldiers to do theirs unless it violates our sensibilities.  We jump to judgment against those who do what is required of them by oaths and vows.  We seem to be only resolute in our failure to see things without a self-serving filter.

We yearn for heroes who are unwavering in their commitment to good and right.  We also seek to destroy those who evidence that they are.  So seldom do we make the journey to right for the sake of right without any other pretense or reward.  My King is steadfast and resolute.  He stands firm in his love and grace no matter what we do to him.

He is steadfast in his love for us.  He is unwavering in his self-appointed duty to our faith.  He is resolute in paying whatever price necessary for our reclamation.  He is steadfast in his pursuit of us.  He climbs the hill to the cross.  He lays down on the cross. He is lifted up on the cross.  He steps into the void.  He suffers, is forsaken, and dies.  He is that steadfast in his determination to redeem us from rejecting him. 

My King is unchanging.  He is going to fulfill all that he promised.  He is preparing to make all things right.  He is steadfast in only asking us to follow in faith.  He is resolute that he will draw all humans unto himself.  He is resolute in his determination that none should perish.  He stands by me every moment offering the grace and strength to get through it with him.  He is steadfast in his love for us.  That’s my King.  I wonder.  Do you know him?

How Long Will I Love You – Jon Boden, Sam Sweeney & Ben Coleman

How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you,
And longer if I can

How long will I need you?
As long as the seasons need to
Follow their plan

How long will I be with you?
As long as the sea is bound to
Wash upon the sand

How long will I want you?
As long as you want me to,
And longer by far

How long will I hold you?
As long as your father told you,
As long as you can

How long will I give to you?
As long as I live through you,
However long you say

How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you,
And longer if I may

We're all traveling through time together
Every day of our lives
All we can do is do our best
To relish this remarkable ride  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment